Now today in modern society where everything is pretty much big business and all about how to make a buck. We are constantly bombarded with ads in magazines and on television how we can find beauty in a bottle. They always seem to have some sort of way to fix this or make that.
They make money hand over fist selling products to us that are “supposed” to make us look more youthful, give us softer looking skin, hide our imperfections, and make us look like a supermodel. But they are not so forthright in telling us that their products are full of chemical ingredients that can do more harm to us than good. Looking younger in the moment is just not worth it though when you may eventually get cancer because the skincare products you were using contained carcinogenic chemicals. For beautiful skin and good health on the inside as well we need to rediscover natural skincare ingredients and products. Your skin is your biggest organ and it needs to be treated with care.
If you really care about your health from the inside out, then you must make a resolve to get rid of conventional products and start using organic and natural ingredients in your beauty routines. Here are some easy ways to go natural:
1. Keep your skin healthy from the inside with a healthy diet. Also drink plenty of water to flush out toxins and impurities. Water is an internal shower for your body so make sure to drink your eight to ten glasses a day. Water helps to give you clear eyes, a radiant complexion and helps to flush out all those nasty toxins while keeping your cells healthy.
2. Use Natural oils and natural moisturizers that won't clog your pores. Essential oils are composed of tiny molecules which are easily dissolved into the human skin.. This will allow them to penetrate the skin easily and work into the body by mixing with the fatty tissue. Some great oils to use include jojoba oil, coconut oil and my favorite is Grape seed Oil. This oil is Awesome for combination skin and anyone with sensitive skin.
3. Coconut oil is a great all natural moisturizer for skin, but my favorite is pure Shea butter for mixed with either jojoba oil or grape seed oil. I just tend to mix them together and apply them after a bath. Love it love it. .
4. Skip washing your hair everyday with shampoos that contain sulfates and parabens and instead use no poo shampoos and conditioners. This method is proven to work well on curly and straight hair. As sulfates tend to dry your hair out and strip of its natural oils.
5. To wash make-up off just rub some olive oil onto your face and wipe off with a soft, dry rag that will exfoliate your face as well. Microfiber cloths are particularly nice for cleansing the face.
6. I use cotton balls to apply my toner which is usually just grape seed oil which is my toner and moisturizer all in one. It is full of fatty acids and vitamins like A, C, and E.
7. Try your hand at making your own skin care products with easy ingredients like salt, sugar, oatmeal, milk, honey, olive oil, or avocado oil. They are cost effective and you know exactly what you are putting on your skin. You don’t need a chemistry degree to create beauty products of your own.
In fact a great book to get you started is Organic Body Care Recipes this book this is a great starter book to learning about the natural health benefits of making your own natural beauty products, and how to make your own. I refer to this book time and time again to make my own handmade bath and body products.
8. Dry brush your body to exfoliate your skin and slough off dead skin cells. This is a centuries old practice that is still used by many today.
9. When purchasing products read the labels carefully and only buy products with recognizable ingredients, organic if possible, without parabens or fragrance.
10. Get some sun every day but not too much. Your skin needs sunlight for optimum health but staying out to long and damaging your skin isn’t good either so strike a balance and wear protective clothes and a big sun hat if you can instead of using chemical sunscreens.
I hope that all these tips can help you get started taking more natural steps towards a more natural hair and beauty care.
Check out this great Video on the Story Of Cosmetics.